Organization: Acción contra el Hambre España
Closing date: 28 Feb 2018
Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Under the general guidance of the Regional Representative, the Regional MEAL is responsible for supporting the development and harmonization of effective and robust Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning processes.
· Design an innovative ACF MEAL strategy at Regional level
· Standardize tools at regional level and ensure a regular follow-up on donors’ requirements on M&E
· Contribute to quality improvement
· Reinforce accountability at regional level and facilitate an evidence based programing
· Build capacities and ensure trainings at country and regional levels
· Degree in International Development, Humanitarian affairs, research or equivalent.
· Extensive experience on project cycle management, research, data gathering and management, statistics, quantitative / qualitative analysis and reporting.
· At least 5 years of experience within humanitarian organizations, and at least 2 years at coordination level in M&E Positions or tasks.
· Experience in large scale emergency response monitoring and evaluation and reporting to donors.
· Extensive experience in conducting surveys, assessments and evaluation for multiple sectors (Nutrition and Health, WaSH, Food Security and Livelihoods, Mental Health and Care practices)
· Humanitarian sector knowledge: Mandatory. Knowledge of West Africa and local customs is an asset.
· Knowledge of Action against Hunger is an asset
· Languages : English (and proficient on written English) French (Fluent)
· Able to work under Windows OS.
· Proficiency on the basic office tools (at least Word and Excel)
· Knowledge on databases and mobile data collection systems (ODK) would be desirable.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
How to apply:
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.