Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 03 Oct 2019
The Field Associate is normally supervised by the (Snr) Field Officer or Head of Office and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The Field Associate may supervise some General Service support staff.
The incumbent keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information, to establish understanding of respective needs; to ensure provision of services and resolution of problems and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on subject matters which may be of importance to the Organization.
- UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- The needs of persons of concern in the AoR are assessed and analysed in a participating manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
- Monitor the situation in the AoR, collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Monitor the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure.
- Undertake regular visits to various sites in order to assess needs of persons of concern, with particular attention to vulnerable groups.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- Act as interpreter when required.
- Contribute to the preparation of status and progress reports by providing info, preparing tables, etc.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Inform and act on the reports received on persons of concern within the refugee community or from the local authorities.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
- Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Represent UNHCR in physical monitoring of projects.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
(In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.)
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- UNHCR field experience.
Competencies as defined in Job Profile
Full proficiency in both English and French is mandatory.
How to apply:
This position is open to internal and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility
General Service Staff members currently serving in the country where the vacancy exists, who have been appointed through the AC process and have indefinite or Fixed Term appointment. Interested staff members should consult the Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL).
External candidates must be legally present in Senegal at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Merci de procéder comme suite:
Aller à: www.unhcr.org – careers – career opportunities – other opportunities – vacancies
Pour soumettre votre candidature : 1.Clicker sur New User ; 2) Register; .3) “*Apply*” ;
Pour accéder à la liste complète des postes vacants: Mettez Dakar dans la barre de recherche (“*Search tips”)*.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
In case of queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submission of applications is 03 October 2019 (at 22:00 Dakar time).